Sunday, July 3, 2011

FCCLA National Leadership Conference

I attended the 2010 FCCLA National Leadership Conference in Chicago, IL July 2-8. The experience was fantastic and I went back to school in August refreshed, motivated, and ready to start a new year with co-curricular FCCLA.

The keynote speakers, as always, were inspirational. I especially enjoyed the speaker at the Advisor's Recognition Session. She talked about how to find your passion and I took that information back with me to my Life Managementc class. I've also shared the info with parents and colleagues throughout the school year. Everyone seems to be interested in the topic. The workshops were very valuable as I can always learn more skills/techniques about how to integrate national programs more effectively, how to promote membership, and how to increase membership participation.

The networking with not only Colorado advisors, but advisors from all over the nation, is an experience I value. I love having the opportunity to network with other professionals and typically exchange business cards so that we can keep in touch with each other. Love the connections I make!

No comments:

Post a Comment