Monday, May 18, 2015

2015 CAFCS Conference

I attended the CAFCS Conference on Saturday; April 24 2015 at the Ranch complex in Loveland, CO. The theme was Trends in Education. Breakfast was served to allow for networking of CAFCS professional. This is one of my favorite things about being a member of AAFCS since 1982. I love the networking opportunities at AAFCS/CAFCS conferences that allows me to dive deeper into the FACS content.

Following the breakfast, conference attendees were treated to a presentation by Katy Blatnick-Gagne' on Technology Trends. Katy is currently pursuing a doctorate degree in educational technology and had a wealth of information for us. I learned new concepts and had other concepts reinforced. It was a terrific learning opportunity!

Some Colorado State University students presented their Colorado legistative action boards. This opportunity is also very valuable. I appreciated the time that the students spent on researching, developing an engaging board, and educating us on the current legislative bills.

The new officer team was installed and I will be serving as the President-elect. I am excited to have this opportunity to give back to the profession that I have loved being a part of the past 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment