Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mentorship Program

Mentorship is defined on the wikipedia website as "a personal developmental relationship in which a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person. However, true mentoring is more than just answering occasional questions or providing help. It is about an ongoing relationship of learning, dialog, and challenge.

I have had the opportunity to participate in the CO FACS Mentorship Program this past year and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I firmly believe in supporting all FACS teachers, and especially FACS teachers who are new to the profession or are returning to the profession after an extended absence. I feel that a vital part of our professionalism as FACS teachers is to share ideas and activites that we've tried and have found to be successful in our FACS classrooms. My question has always been, "why re-invent the wheel?"

 I truly feel that the Colorado FACS Mentorship Program has benefitted me just as much as it has helped the mentees that I've worked with this past year. I feel that it is a worthwhile program and I encourage all new and/or returning to the profession FACS teachers to seek out and join the Mentorship Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment