Wednesday, August 25, 2010

recruitment ideas

I begin recruiting new members in the spring. After returning from State Competitions the members share their exciting experiences with their classmates. I also create a display case with members display boards and lots of pictures of competitions, fun times, the banquet and the awards. During this time I keep notes of students that are definitely interested in becoming involved.
When school starts in the fall, all classes have a short presentation about FCCLA. I often use the ppt from the state officer team. The first meeting is fun and informational. We had our first meeting today and I distributed the information about Vail. Finding roommates is a recruiting tool to "fill your room" My Chapter is off to a great start.
K. Baldwin, Ponderosa High, Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment